January 1st was a miserable day. I have never been a big fan of the New Year. Rather than looking forward I seem to brood and look back. It is a day of uncertainty and worry for me and I tend to feel anxious rather than positive about what lies ahead. 2008 was an amazing year for me personally. I loved my job, I started a blog, I read an extraordinary amount, I felt creative and artistic and generally more comfortable with myself than I had ever felt. But for our family it was a difficult and uncertain year since it was the Year of Unemployment for the Handsome Man I Live With.
Now as I am facing 2009 I have no idea where, what, how we will be. I know that we will be leaving this sweet island on July 1st. That is it. Can you imagine havimg no idea where you will be in 6 months?
For that reason I have only one resolution and that is to stay positive. And if I fail I will hide under my blankets until the moment passes.
These are my wishes for 2009:
- Employment x2.
- To move somewhere warm, safe, inspiring that we can bring our dog.
- To write, photograph and create.
- To see my girls flourish and be happy and not be too sad or shattered by yet another move.
- To get all the cousins together and to hear them laugh.
- To live the adventure as a family and not let the stress get us down.
- More Love, Sex, Laughter.
- Energy and Health.
- To keep a sense of Wonderment.