( Photo taken on a recent day off school midweek before the marking marathon began. Uganda has a curious number of Public Holidays, this one was called Hero’s Day. I feel like a Hero at the moment. A teacher Hero.)
In the past 36 hours I have marked 80 exams and written 60 reports. My eyes have the scrawled script of many teenagers bobbing in a dazed blurred image.
When I am not marking I am procrastinating.
Things I do when I should be marking exams:
- Eat chocolate given to me my students that go just perfectly soft in the sun.
- Read the final book of the Millenium series. The marathon is finally over and I read all three in a row.
- Watch season six of House
- Watch season 1 of Glee ( with Trooper and Princess)
- Play Hangman on my iphone
- Plan my summer holidays and fret over how much I am packing into three weeks
- look at the the sartorialist and dream of shops
- make lists of all the exams I have to mark
- Write lists of what I do when I am not marking exams
- Clean my classroom
- Excel as a procrastinator
If you don’t hear from me then I have stopped procrastinating and I am back, knee deep in paper.
This week will pass and then we will be facing THE END.